The best way to start saving on your electricity costs is to get smart with how you use electricity. Saving electricity will not only save you money, but will also help with the rising power cuts. It will also give you a warm fuzzy feeling, as you will be doing your bit to conserve natural resources, i.e slowing down global warming.
Here are a few no-cost changes in your home to save money all year round, depending on a number of factors including the size of your home.
- Turn off unnecessary lights;
- Use natural light: a single south-facing window can illuminate 20 – 100 times its area. Turning off 60-watt bulbs for a few hours a day could save you money.
- Use task lighting: turn off ceiling lights and use table lamps, track lighting and under-counter lights in work and hobby areas as well as in the kitchen
- Take shorter showers: hot water is extremely expensive, so if two people in a home cut their shower time by a minute each – you could save money.
- Turn water off when shaving, washing hands, brushing teeth: This will help you reduce your hot water usage and save you money.
- Adjust your hot water heather: turning down your water heater thermostat or geyser can help you save money on a monthly basis.
- Unplug unused electronics, as standby power can account for 10% of an average household’s annual electricity use. Unplugging unused electronics saves you a lot yearly.
- Ditch the desktop computer, and switch to your laptop. Using a laptop will save you more money over the years because it doesn’t need to be plugged in all day.
- Reduce the heat in the kitchen, and avoid using the oven in summer. Switch to salads, smoothies or braais. You will reduce the heat in your home and save on your home cooling costs.
- Run full loads and cut out one load of wash per week, even if you’re already using cold water only.
We will be able to offer advice on the suitability of debt consolidation to your specific financial situation, as there are instances where it would prove unsuitable. Our consultants will be able to help you with regards to secured and unsecured debt consolidation, and advice as to which would be most favorable to your outstanding debts. Operating on a national basis, we can also provide you with debt counseling or a debt review in South Africa. As mentioned, debt consolidation could save you on monthly payments and interest rates, which has made it a viable option for many. To find out if debt consolidation in South Africa is an option for you, contact Quick Consolidation Loans today.